Staying Safe Together
The YMCA of Callaway County is implementing a phased approach to reopening its facility. We are now open under Phase One guidelines. The following safety protocols are in effort to reduce the health risks for members and staff.
We will continue reviewing these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media. We cannot wait to see our members in our facilities again, and we know you can’t wait either!
Modified Hours of Operation
We will close one hour early Monday-Friday and two hours early Saturday and Sunday to allow for deep cleaning of the equipment and facility.
What Areas of the Y Will Be Open?
· Members ONLY - the facility will only be open to members aged 16 and older, no nationwide members, no guests & no day pass users will be allowed during phase 1
· Fitness Center - limited capacity to15 users at one time
· Gymnasium - no pick up basketball games
· Track - must maintain social distancing
· Facility Capacity - limited to 50 persons in the facility at one time
· Other Areas - child watch, group exercise, cross train area, locker rooms, and some programming will reopen in future phases
What the Y is Doing
· PPE for Staff: Staff will be encouraged to wear personal protective equipment.
· Social Distancing: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
· Sanitation: Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility.
· Cleaning: Additional staffing will be provided to increase sanitation and cleanliness standards throughout the facility.
· Equipment: Pieces of equipment will be “closed” to allow for social distancing and areas marked for use. These will be rotated daily to allow for cleaning.
· Signage: There will be signage present so all staff and members can abide by the guidelines.
How We’re Asking Members to Help Maintain Safety
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
· Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
· Bring a Towel and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel services will not be provided).
· Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use with the provided cleaning materials.
· Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
· Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our fitness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
· Time Limits: There will not be formal time limits but please be courteous of the amount of time on machines and total workout time in the facility to allow others access.
· Hand Washing: Members are encouraged to wash their hands prior to workout and afterward for at least 20 seconds.
· Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Child Watch at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be extremely limited.