Staying Safe Together
Starting June 15, 2020
Taking care of our health is more important now than ever before. At the Y, we are here to help you stay active and healthy and improve your well-being in spirit, mind, and body. As our state continues to re-open, we are moving forward with our re-opening plan.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 5:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
What Areas of the Y Will Be Open?
- Members Only - We welcome new members but are not accepting day or guest passes. We will however accept YMCA Nationwide members. Members under age 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult in tha facility unless participating in Y Camp or Child Watch.
- Facility Capacity - will be limited if needed to adhere to social distancing standards.
- Fitness Center - limited capacity to15 users at one time.
- Gymnasium - BASKETBALL - The gym is open for shoot around and pick up basketball games. PICKEBALL - Singles and doubles play is allowed as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Track - must maintain social distancing.
- Child Watch - open regular summer hours with limited capacity.
- Group Exercise - a modified schedule will resume on June 15th. Click HERE for the summer schedule.
- Cross Train - open for those 18 and older. Persons must sanitize all equipment used during their workout session.
- Locker rooms - will resume normal operation as renovations allow.
- Water Fountains - will resume operation.
What the Y is Doing
- Social Distancing: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Sanitation: Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility.
- Cleaning: Additional staffing will be provided to increase sanitation and cleanliness standards throughout the facility.
- Equipment: Pieces of equipment may be “closed” to allow for social distancing and areas marked for use.
- Signage: There will be signage present so all staff and members can abide by the guidelines.
How We’re Asking Members to Help Maintain Safety
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Bring a Towel and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel services will not be provided).
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use with the provided cleaning materials.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Hand Washing: Members are encouraged to wash their hands prior to workout and afterward for at least 20 seconds.
- Children under the age of 14 are welcome in the facility but must be supervised by an adult at all times.