MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
FOLLOWING WITH OUR VALUES OF CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY AS A GUIDE, THE Y’S CODE OF CONDUCT ENSURES THAT ALL WHO ENTER OUR FACILITY ENJOY A SAFE, WELCOMING AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT.
We ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds these values at all times when they are in our facility or participating in Y programs. The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Member Code of Conduct outlines prohibited behavior but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
The Y is a family-oriented organization; please refrain from:
- Using offensive language, wearing revealing clothing and exposing inappropriate tattoos.
- Making physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Harassing or intimidating by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Stealing or other behavior that results in the loss or destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapon, device or object which may be used as a weapon.
- Abusing or defacing the YMCA building or its equipment.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA.
- Using or possessing illegal drugs or alcohol on YMCA property.
- Smoking and/or use of tobacco products in all YMCA facilities and grounds.
- Displaying threatening, inappropriate or offensive conduct.
- Posting unapproved materials. Ask the Member Services Representative for permission to post flyers in the YMCA facility or on the surrounding property.
- Using of any video/picture taking device in the locker rooms, restrooms areas, and fitness center.
- Conducting or participating in paid personal training or other instructional sessions with an instructor not employed by the Y.
- Allowing access to a member or non-member through an exterior door that is not an entrance.
- Violating any posted rules, signs or policies throughout the facility.
- Using a member card that is not your own or allowing someone else to use your card to gain access to facilities.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety. If any person exhibits behavior which threatens another person’s comfort or safety, the behavior should be reported to staff. Please do not hesitate to notify staff if assistance is needed. In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked. The Y investigates all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result if a violation of this Code of Conduct has occurred.
The safety and protection of Y members and guests is a paramount concern of the YMCA of Callaway County; therefore, we reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person registered for sex offenses against children. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.